Friday, September 30, 2016

Momma is Under the Weather... and Stress

Well it's Friday.  TGIF.  It's been a heck of a week. 

Lots going on at home...  typically kid/parenting stuff.  I feel like I don't do anything 'right'.  
And the stress and worry about Mom and Dad.  The care taker started Monday...  by Tuesday, Mom was violent with her.  She's still coming to be with her, but it just adds more stress/worry.  We've made the phone call into the care center - hoping to get on a waiting list for the Alzheimer's unit there.  Of course, nothing happens overnight... so more waiting.  Dad needs to get into the fields, so needing more help on the weekends.  

I've come down with a terrible cold.  Well, I think it's a cold?  Tuesday I woke up all stuffed up, but also my nose dripping.  So gross.  By Wednesday, I had the symptoms of allergies - sneezing like crazy, itchy eyes, itchy throat.  The whole sha-bang.  I was miserable, and annoyed.  By Thursday morning I felt awful.  I got into a doctor to get checked out.  I was warm, coughing and just miserable.  Doc said I didn't have a sinus infection - yet, so she gave me prednisone to try to "calm things down up there".  I stayed home and rested for most of the day...  I felt ok by last night. 

I'm at work today...  still not 100%.  Just feeling achy and my cough is loosening up.  Of course Cora is full of snot as well, and has a cough too.  She'll be the one next.  Figures.  I'm pretty disappointed that the essential oils aren't really helping us/me right now.  Huge bummer.  

We'll see what tonight and the weekend brings.  Sure don't need anyone else getting sick - so yesterday while I was home I cleaned as much as I could... 

More to come I'm sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment