Sunday, September 18, 2016

Alzheimer's Walk 2016

A while back I started seeing information about the Walk to End Alzheimer's here in DSM.  I knew right away, I wanted to be a part of it...  and really hoped I could get some of the family to participate.  In the end, I got Jill and Lindsay to come down and walk with the kids and I.  It's a busy time of the year with sports, so Trish and Eden couldn't make it, and either could lil Ryan.  But we will try again next year to get at least all the grandkids to be involved. 

Regardless, we had a wonderful time.  The weather was perfect (got warm at the end of the walk!), but we couldn't have asked for a better morning.  I felt a burst of emotions fly through me several times Saturday morning.  It was amazing to see all those people there...  supporting Alzheimer's in some way, whether they have Alzheimer's or they are just wanting to find a cure.  Amazing.  I truly was in a different world for a bit... just soaking it all in. 








No comments:

Post a Comment