Saturday, October 1, 2016

Saturday - Hawk Game

For awhile now, I have planned to go to an Iowa game with Ryan, and Kayson.  Today was it.  It was pretty unfortunate that I haven't been feeling well, and the medicine that I was given Thursday is so weird!!!  Prednisone - I hate you!!!  But I felt ok most of the day...  so weird.

I've never been on this med before...  but basically the side effects are feeling flushed at random times, being hungry and super hyper.  I have felt all of these, except the hunger part.  The flushed thing - my face and neck literally turn bright red at random times and I feel like I have a hot temperature.  It's the worst feeling!  I also have been super jittery... like my heart racing and just shaky.  In addition, I'm literally not sleeping.  Last night I went to bed early - slept hard for about an hour, then I was awake for hours - feeling hot, then cold, then like I was starving, then exhausted, but couldn't turn my mind off.  It was terrible!!!!  So...  we are moving on, and I'm hoping to see some improvement by tomorrow - in maybe not feeling this way!  I do have to say my nose and head are cleared up for the most part, but I am coughing...  so we'll see.

Anyway, we were up so early this morning... out the door.  Grandma stayed with Cora.  There were a couple reasons for today's trip - 1) I really wanted/needed to spend some time with just Kayson - and Ryan.  I feel like Cora is such hard work, that I don't give enough time to Kayson.  and 2) I wanted a break from Cora!!!  She and I will be going to Arizona soon, and I just needed a break. 

Anyway, I believe her and Grandma JeanAnn had a good day. 

The boys and I, and Papa Mike, Lester and Bucklin had a nice time as well... in between the constant drizzle of rain and a loss by the Hawks.  This season is definitely not like last years!!!  But Kayson did well, until about 4th Quarter - then he started just seeming really tired and 'bored'.  I get it.  I was too.  I was pretty soaked and just wasn't fun trying to watch our team loose in the rain!!  

We are home... and all tired.  Kids are in bed (in between a ginormous meltdown by Cora).  I should have stayed away for another day!  :(

Here are some pics of our day!
Arriving... all smiles and lots of 'dabs'!!

Then the rain started...  breaks in the van on his iPad.  Boring for me!
love this smile!

and it started to rain again...  made the best of it!
Cutest guy I know in a poncho!

No comments:

Post a Comment