Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Mom - Care Center

Well, over the last 7 days, it's been the biggest up and down rollercoaster.  In a nutshell/short story version -- the home caretaker that was assigned to Mom/Dad was to be our caretaker for two full weeks.  By day 3, Mom was violent with her...  and then day 4 and 5, they had a different caretaker come.  (For other reasons).  Then as of this Monday, the original caretaker quit the agency.  So we (well, Tricia and Dad) scrambled for hours to figure something out...  and in the end, the care center was called and Mom was put on a 3 day daycare visit.  This basically means just that - she would be taken care of for 3 full days and nights.

Yesterday (Tuesday), after a huge kick and struggle from Mom - Trish, Dad and Jill took her to the care center... but Dad paid for the entire month.  Meaning (in my eyes) - Mom is not leaving.  And we are fine with that.  She's better off there, she's safer there.  But it hurts.  It hurts bad.  I was on the phone with Trish and Jill more yesterday than I did any work...  and my mind just didn't stop, and still won't.  I can't stop tearing up.  My Mom is in a care center.  That's where she will be for the rest of her life.  Sickening.  All because of this damn disease.

We do feel that this was a sign from God and the push that was needed.  All the mess with the agency and ups and downs, God is telling Dad and us that she needs to be in the care center.  

Being a good distance away, I feel awful that I can't just run up there...  I can't help out easily.  I feel helpless.  I feel sad, and mad.  

I talked with Dad last night...  He seemed to be doing ok, said he had an ok day, but he kept busy in the fields.  Once he was home, then he got sad and lonely.  No doubt.  I just pray that he stays safe and healthy... and knows that Mom is safer at the care center, and they'll help her in the best way that anyone can.  

Prayers are needed for our family.  We are all sad, losing sleep and just hoping it all smooths out... 

No comments:

Post a Comment