Wednesday, October 12, 2016

This & That


  • Two more days... then it's Arizona.  90 degree weather, some serious sister/daughter time.  I'm nervous, but am looking forward to getting away, having a break from work.   More to come on that!
  • Flu Shots --- that's the talk these days.  We didn't get flu shots last year.  (I know - you are all giving me the dirty looks.  But we didn't get sick!!!).  I just don't know why...  maybe because my kids literally freak out at the thought of shots!  and the fact that I truly think I feel like crap after the shot.  NO FUN.  Anyway, I have on my to-do to schedule the shots next week or the next.  I need to do it.  
  • My emotions and thoughts have been a big roller-coaster this past week.  I think and worry about Mom literally 95% of the day.  She's always on my mind.  I'm also feeling super guilty that I haven't made the trip up there.   The whole thing makes my stomach turn and worry.  
  • Principal (my work) has removed our Personal Time Off benefit.  In a nutshell, over the next year or so, I need to use up the PTO that I currently have.  I have about 5 weeks of time off as of now, but I'll still accrue some time over the next year...  I feel like that's a lot, but some people in my area are in the boat of having nearly 3 months off.   In the end, we'll have what's called Flexible Time Off (which is just that), but in the interim, there's going to be a lot of people in my area taking time off... including me.  I've debated and gone back and forth about it - but I'm going to use it.  I know we don't do vacations (but will do a 10 year anniversary trip), but I'm going to take days off and try my hardest to refresh myself and use that time that I've earned. 

1 comment:

  1. We've never done flu shots, so don't feel bad. I'm not giving you dirty looks!

    ReplyDelete