Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Won't do that again

Today ended up being a little hectic afternoon.  I orginally was supposed to get my hair done (cut and color) Thursday afternoon...  but due to some rescheduling on Lacey's end, my appointment was switched to today...  at 3:45.  I had told Lacey that I needed to for sure leave Adel by 5:30 in order to pick up Kayson by 6:00.  I knew we'd be cutting it close, and already had an 'uneasy' feeling about it, but we couldn't find another time for 'me' time, so we went with today anyways. 

I picked Kayson up at 5:59... speeding there, worrying about him...  and when I walked in, he's the only child in the room with a teacher...  just sitting on her lap, looking so sad and lost.  My heart SANK.  I felt TERRIBLE and instantly had tears in my eyes, trying to hide them from him...  and I still feel bad (4 hours later).  I won't do this again...  it's not fair to him, it was stressful on me, and I don't ever want him to think we (either Ryan or I) aren't coming to get him.  I can only imagine what his little mind was thinking - all his friends are gone, all the familiar teachers have left for the day... and he's there alone (kinda).  TERRIBLE feeling. 

I love that little boy so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment