Sunday, March 25, 2012

Our Weekend

I have no pictures from the weekend...  boo me, but we had a good one!

Friday evening we met up with some friends, Justin & Christina and their adorable little boy Kael.  Had a nice dinner and conversation...  always fun seeing them.  

Saturday morning was a quick hair cut for Kayson, then we all headed to Indianola to watch Ryan's cousin, Jenna, play some volleyball.  She did a great job.  Kayson did great for the couple of hours we were there, and we even got some alone time with Grandma Janis.  We did lunch with her and had a nice visit.  Saturday afternoon was nap for K and Ryan - Ryan's allergies got the best of him, so he was shot for a little bit!  I did some cleaning, then we spent the rest of the afternoon/evening outside.  Ryan did our first mow job of the spring/summer... our grass looks awesome!  Wow.  The sun and rain has done wonders on it so far this year...  so cool.  

Today we actually slept in a little - K slept til 7:40, that hasn't happened for months!  Of course, I was awake and tossing around 6:20...  figures!  But it was still nice to just slowly start our day.  This afternoon Mike & JeanAnn came to spend some time with us and K.  While K napped, they stayed with him and Ryan and I went baby furniture shopping!  A crib and dresser were purchased!  So exciting!  Now we wait about 8-12 weeks for it to come in...  seems like forever, but it'll go fast I'm sure.  That'll just be enough time for us to prep the room -- clear it out, paint, possible install of wanes coating and filling the closet.  :)  It was nice to have that crossed off the list.  I think we'll be happy with it!
More playing was done this afternoon... what wonderful weather we've had this weekend!  We grilled out and then Papa & Grandma treated us to a special treat at Dairy Queen.  (just what this Momma needs!) 

Finally it's Sunday night... and I'm going to sit.  I'm wiped out...  my allergies were in an uproar today, so I'm beat.  Sneezing sucks when you are pregnant!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment