Sunday, March 4, 2012

Weekend

We had a nice weekend...  busy, but nice.  Friday evening we headed down to Creston to spend some time with Ryan's parents...  Friday evening we were lucky enough to have Grandma Janis & Papa Dick come for supper.  Papa Dick seemed to be doing really well... it was great to see them.  


Saturday morning the girls (JeanAnn, Martina & I) got our nails done.  It was a nice couple hours... of us just chit chatting.  We all used some 'different' colors on our nails, and I love mine... it's pretty red!  JeanAnn and Martina had their toes done too, but not me... I don't like my feet touched!  ha.  

We met up with the boys for lunch and then also picked Kayson up some new tennis shoes at the local shoe store in Creston.  His last tennis shoes were SHOT!  Man, he wore them out!  A nap was taken and then we all got dolled up for a wedding Saturday afternoon (a family friend's son).  Nice wedding...  and nice reception.  We had a very tired boy once we got back for bed... but he did really well for a 3 year old, I thought.  

Sunday (today), I was hosting a baby shower at my house... so Ryan and I headed back to DSM late Saturday night... leaving Kayson at Ryan's parents.  Now, we've done this once (maybe twice before), and I tell you what - it doesn't get easier on this Momma.  I don't know what it is, but there is something about leaving your child over an hour away.  It's funny to think about this and think about how some of my close friends LIVE to have their kids away/spend the night...  I guess I'm not there yet?!?  Kayson, of course, did great...  slept good, ate well, and we are hoping he listened too!  He's a good kid, but it still doesn't make it easier for me.  I was sad, and missed him terribly Sunday morning...  it was just different waking up and not having him there...  even though I had plenty to do to prep for the baby shower...  it was still different and a tad emotional for me.  I was thrilled to have him home this afternoon.  But as always, thanks to Ryan's parents for all they do... 

Here are a few pictures from the weekend and last week.  

How sweet is that?!  Such cute Taylor kids.  :)
Helping me vacuum!
At the Taylor's, K is now sleeping on a BIG BED with railings! The kids were jumping and playing for a bit!
K's hair after being sweaty and having his stocking cap on!  Messy!!
Ryan travels this week... part or all of the next...  Hoping for a quick and easy week around here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment