Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Trying to stay WARM!

Wow, I can hear the wind gusting around the house... I can barely see across the street... it's just plain cold, and I can't get my feet to warm up!! ha.

Iowa (and much of the midwest) is experiencing some serious winter weather right now... blizzard conditions. Yuk is pretty much what I have to say about that!! I took off early from work today to get Kayson and I home safe. After doing the whole 'removing pants & diaper' thing a couple times, he FINALLY layed down for a nice long nap. I did a little work, and then rested... it was nice. Tonight we've just played and had a nice evening... we've been on the phone a lot tonight too - talking to Daddy (as he's travelling from Nebraska in this crap!)... and we talked to Grandma JeanAnn and even Hope & Aunt Tricia. That's always fun to see him talk on the phone - he get's pretty quiet, then he'll say something really well and loud too. It's so sweet! He just talks SO much, it's amazing!

I'm guessing I won't be going anywhere tomorrow (or at least not in the a.m.). I just hate the thought of getting Kayson bundled up to go out in this stuff... plus again, my feet - they just don't ever warm up!! ;) Either way, I just want everyone to be safe (and Ryan to be home!)

Here's a pic from tonight - he goes into the pantry and shuts the door yelling "It's dark!! I go hide!"... then he opens the door really fast saying "BOOO!" Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment