Thursday, February 3, 2011

She ROCKS!

I'm talking about the director at our daycare. Big shout out to her!

4 weeks ago, Ryan and I signed Kayson up for an extracurricular activity at daycare - called JumpBunch. JumpBunch is an program that comes to daycare once a week and it's a 30 minute activity time where sports-oriented activities are introduced. Lots of time to work on hand-eye coordination and just improve basic motor skills. As a child gets older, more sports type things are introduced and so on. Ryan and I both that this would be a great 'extra' thing for Kayson! (Burn off some energy!)

Here's the run-down of how things have gone over the past 4 weeks:
Week 1 - Kayson attended - having a good time. Coach Kyle explained to me that he felt Kayson did really well (for being only 2) - he followed instructions and had a smile on his face! (We, as parents, were ecstatic!)

Week 2 - Kayson did not attend - had a FIT when Coach Kyle came to pick him up... didn't want to go.

Week 3 - Same as Week 2.

At this point, we were kind of confused... kind of at a lost - lots of different things were running through my mind. "He IS only 2 - we shouldn't push it." "But he had such a good time the first week!" "Maybe we should just remove him from the program and try it again in a couple months." "Maybe try getting one of his teachers to take him to the class, rather than him going solely with Coach Kyle and the other kids."

After lots of thinking and ideas being thrown out, I called the director/owner this morning and asked if she would assist. (I don't like going to her directly for some things as I know she's busy with other things, etc... ) When I told her that, she 'scolded' me and said - "You come to me for everything and I will get it taken care of!" She meant business!!! ;)

Week 4 (TODAY) - Kayson attended (with the director) and had a great time. I watched him on the webcam and he did do well... he participated and jumped around and looked like it was fun for him. I was SO happy. All I did was watch it and just smiled. That's an awesome feeling.

GO KAYSON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment