Monday, February 28, 2011

30DBC: A letter to someone

Dear Nieces & Nephews (Ashley, Hope, Eden, Lindsay, Ryan & Tate),

I've watched you all grow from Day 1. And each 'Day 1' has been very memorable for me... the day I became an Aunt either for the first time or for the second, third... it didn't matter. I was blessed and completely in love.

Ash & Hope --- I was very young when both were born, but I knew deep down I would have a strong connection to you both... and I do. I'm blessed to be your Godmother, Ashley. I only hope that you feel the same way. You've grown into a beautiful young lady... and are so funny. I love your quirkey personality! And Miss Hope Marie - we had a very close connection from the start - I remember vividly you always wanting to be just like Aunt Muffy - if we'd have the same colored shirt on, you would say "We're the same!" I feel I'm a 'cool Aunt' and I want you to know that you can come to me for anything - for any questions, problems, for fun and a good laugh or hug.

Eden, Lindsay & Ryan --- you all were born within 2 weeks of each other... your Mommy's were VERY pregnant at my first wedding... I know they were both uncomfortable, but happy... and I knew that's what I wanted to be someday - uncomfortable and happy! ha. (I did get to experience that!) It was amazing to have 3 new little ones in the Hardy family... (we were busy!) I knew, once again, I would be close to you all. It was another special connection. I've loved watching you grow from the chubby little ones to 'big kids' now. I'm sure you all will be taller than me someday (well, maybe not you Linds!) ;)

And to Tate --- my newest nephew... and my Godson. You are another blessing in my life... knowing that I won't be having another little one on the Hardy side and knowing you were coming, was an amazing feeling! I'm certain I'm thrilled for myself (and Ryan), but also thrilled for Kayson - to have the ability to have a cousin so close in age. I'm anxious to see you grow up and become a fiesty little boy, like your Daddy was (I'm sure!) ;)

I love you all so very much! (and Uncle Ryan loves you too!)
Aunt Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment