Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wasted Day

I've been home today... Sick. I woke up with a HORRIBLE sore throat - one of those where it hurts to swallow. I tried to drink some water... nearly impossible. I haven't had that feeling since I had strep throat nearly 15 years ago!!!!!!! It was pretty painful. I got up and showered... pushing through it... and as I was getting out of the shower to attempt makeup - I just felt awful - I felt weak, I felt even more tired, my throat was killing... after some serious thinking, I decided to just stay home. (BTW - I HATE using PTO for being sick). We all were running late, so I offered to take K to daycare, so Ryan could get on the road... I then slept hard from 8 am til 11 am. During the time, I'm certain my fever broke - I woke up in a dead sweat and starving. Weird. I got some lunch in me... that helped... but soon after, I was exhausted again. I slept hard again from 1 pm til about 4 pm. LAZY... and honestly, I feel like I could go back to sleep!!! I don't like that feeling... at all. But I need to get moving and pick up K. I sure hope he's happy and willing to be a little independent tonight... I'm not sure if I have much energy!

What a wasted day!

1 comment: