Sunday, February 20, 2011

Clarion visit

We headed up to Clarion Friday evening... Saturday was a busy day packed with seeing family and watching Hope play some volleyball.

Saturday morning we were up at the crack of dawn - actually it wasn't even light out - 5:15 Kayson decided that it would be fun to get up. That was very hard... we were ALL tired - including him but of course, we can't get him to understand that! ha. We then hung out with Jill and the kids for a little bit... Kayson played really well with Lindsay, while Little Ryan and Big Ryan played some Wii - Madden and some other shooting game. It was pretty fun to watch them!! A quick lunch was had - then we watched Hope play volleyball. She just does a great job. Kayson and Ryan snuck away for a little bit to get a nap in... then a quick supper was had, then we headed back to DSM. On our way home, we stopped in Ankeny to make a quick appearance at my friend Eric's 40th birthday party. I'm glad we stopped, however, we had a crabby 2 year old... we totally pushed it. I have to admit, it was quite embarrassing how Kayson was acting, so we headed out and he was asleep shortly after being on the road again. So a busy day was Saturday... I was whiped out last night... and still am today!

Today we are staying home... besides a quick trip to the grocery store and picking up the dogs (for me). Ryan and Kayson can stay in...

I'm struggling with taking pictures lately... one reason could be that Kayson's been fairly crabby lately. I personally don't like having pictures of a sad/mad child. Maybe my blog viewers would like to see that?!?! ha. I don't! Today during lunch - Kayson was having his 3rd melt-down for the day... and I looked at Ryan and said "I believe the terrible 2's are here." He agreed. ha. Give us strength to get through this! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment