Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011

Seems a little bizarre that we are now saying and using 2011! Just seems impossible actually... but in reality, it's here... life goes THAT fast.

We celebrated the New Years with some friends from Creston and some neighbors... all joining us at our home... kids and all! We had a great time - kids played well (3 boys - ages 3 to 18 months and 1 little girl at age 1), lots of "MINE, MINEs" being hollered and "You need to share" from the parents, but all in all, they did really well. And they all stayed up WAY past their bedtime, but it was fun! The adults, too, stayed up way past our bedtime! I initially thought if we stayed up til 11, we would be doing good... we all made it til midnight and beyond. I think Ryan and I were in bed around 1:15. That's super late for me!! But it was fun... and totally worth it... especially when Kayson didn't wake up til 9:00! Yowza! That was nice!

So the first day of 2011 has been nice... I'm getting over a really nasty sinus infection (have had meds now for 3 full days) and I do feel much better... Ryan, Kayson and I just pretty much played all day long. It was too damn cold and windy to do much today... so that was good... good to keep us home today. Christmas tree and decor is all down and put away (even organized a little better than it was last year!), now there's more room for Kayson's crap - oh, I mean toys! ha. Speaking of toys - he's enjoying the remote control fire truck now - A LOT and even sat on the big motorized bike last night and today some! Baby steps! ha.

Resolutions for 2011 anyone?? I honestly haven't thought much about it this year... and I'm really not planning on it! My first thought is to just stay safe, happy and healthy all year long... I suppose if I had to, I would say to continue to work out. I can do it, I've done really well, so I just need to push through and continue!

Happy New Year to all my friends and family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment