Friday, January 21, 2011

Five Question Friday

It's been awhile since I've done these! Here goes! TGIF!

1. Where did you meet your spouse and did you instantly know it was love?
Ryan and I met at sand volleyball. I was asked to play by a good friend, and he was asked to play by his good friend (at the time, those friends were dating). We had a great time getting to know each other, joking around, flirting possibly. ;) At the time, I was going through a divorce, so to be honest, 'love' wasn't really on my mind at the time. Fast forward, divorced and began spending more time with Ryan... and things just happened. I actually fell in love with him when I was asked to go to his work Christmas party and he was the "EM C" for the white elephant exchange. I thought he was awesome and such a great guy. I was completely intrigued by him.

2. What is your favorite room in the house?
Hmmm... probably our bedroom. It's quiet, it's nice and cozy. I can go in there and read or just watch MY shows and have quiet time. It's a very nice space.

3. Can you wiggle your ears?
Nope... and I've been trying for a couple minutes!!

4. What is your evening ritual?
Oh our evenings. Where do I start!?!? Some evenings are relaxing and fun, others are working our butts off to make our son happy. (I'm hoping other parents go through this as well!?!?!) Please say yes!
  1. Kayson and I typically arrive home a little before 5:00.
  2. Dogs are let out.
  3. I change my clothes, cuz I can't stand to be in my work clothes 1 minute longer!
  4. I typically try to put a few things away - my workout bag, any dirty clothes that I didn't get to that morning, maybe put the dishes away if needed. I just simply need about 5 minutes!!
  5. Kayson and I sit on the floor and attempt to play. (Sometimes he doesn't want to play at all, other times, he plays with lots of different things!) I personally keep the TV off b/c it's such a distraction and I think Kayson does much better if it's off.
  6. I try to keep Kayson out of the pantry!!! That's a ongoing battle every day!
  7. Finally Daddy arrives home around 5:45 and while Kayson and Daddy do their thing for a little while, I finish up anything else I didn't get done when we walked in the door.
  8. From there, it's making supper, keeping Kayson happy, don't forget about the dogs, start any laundry if needed (which is typically needed every 2 days at least!), get Kayson's clothes ready for the next day, get my clothes ready for the next day, continue making supper, eat supper (and if we can, sit there as long as we can!!!)...
  9. After eating, we play.
  10. Around 7:45 - bathtime for Kayson.
  11. Around 8:15 - books are read in Kayson's room - he's typically asleep around 8:30.
  12. From there, I don't stop. I don't stop moving. There's ALWAYS something that can be done. Whether it's important or not, I don't like to sit... I'll get on the computer, check my personal email, read more blogs, check Facebook... and browse, if I feel like it. I'll clean, or pick up toys or whatever that's laying around the house (cuz there's always something that needs a place!) Clutter drives me crazy. Sometimes I'll take a bath, sometimes I'll go to my room and watch TV shows that I've DVRd (cuz Ryan doesn't want to watch the shows I watch!), sometimes I'll clean something. It all depends. I know I said I don't like to sit, but last night I sat. I sat and watched The Mentalist, from start to finish, and I think I only got up once during the show. That's impressive for me. ha.
  13. Bed comes around 10:00 or so... or at least I'm in bed around then. Sometimes I watch TV... or just fall asleep.
5. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
That's a good question. I'm not sure how to really answer that. Before Kayson - I'd say I would get a solid 7 hours - 7 to 8 full hours without interruption! Now that we have Kayson - I'd say I get a good 5 to 6 hours of solid rest. Some nights are better than others.

I would say I NEED a full 8 hours to really feel good, but realizing that's probably not going to happen for a very long time! and by then, I SHOULD be used to the little sleep! I'm realizing it's not about the quantity of sleep, it's about the QUALITY. How many times were we up with Kayson in the middle of the night? How many times did I have to pee? How many times did I wake to Ryan's snoring? How many times did I have a weird dream that woke me?

No comments:

Post a Comment