Sunday, January 9, 2011

Not much

I don't have much to tell today... but have the time to write, so I will... I will babble a little.

Thursday, evening we visited our friends, Heidi & Chris and their newborn baby, Brady. Man, that makes me remember the 'newborn' stages and how great it feels to just sit and snuggle with a baby! They are doing really well - seemed very relaxed, which is great! Brady's beautiful (I can call a little boy beautiful, right?!?!) Kayson wasn't quite sure about Brady at first, but by the time we left, he touched his hand and said his name... it's a start! I'm anxious to see how he is with Baby Taylor!

Friday evening, we decided to hit El Rodeo for dinner... one of my favorite places. Following we walked around Target for a little bit... of course, spending money that wasn't planned. That damn place! It's a love/hate relationship we have!

Saturday was a day at home. I'm not going to lie - Kayson was a bear 90% of the day. We think he woke up and decided he wasn't going to listen to anything! Little stinker! So we were challenged nearly all day long! I was lucky to get away for a short while and attend a nice baby shower for our neighbor, then just hung out at home the rest of the afternoon. We then met Blair & Martina for dinner up in Ankeny at Buffalo Wild Wings - another great dinner place. Kayson was pretty good... he can only sit for a short while, but overall, he was good. We thought if we made plans for Saturday night, they might get 'ruined' by the arrival of the baby - not so much! I know she's ready and uncomfortable... but she looks really good!! (I think!)

And today, was another day at home... which was great. Kayson was in a MUCH better mood... we played hard this morning, I grocery shopped while he was napping... and also cleaned out the fridge. (What a chore!) Tonight we had a great dinner and just played some more. Nice day to be at home with my little family.

So like I said, I don't have much... no pictures to share. We had some great laughs with Kayson today - he's repeating everything... and I mean EVERYTHING! Which is hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment