Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Bad evening

I had an eventful and interesting evening last night... in which I can laugh about now, but last night, I wasn't laughing.

Ryan was out of town last night... so Kayson and I got home and played a little bit, then I decided that dinner at Wendy's would be great. So we pulled out of the garage accidently hitting the button too quickly and the garage door went back up. I thought to myself "No big deal...", so I hit the button again... nothing - the lights flashed and the garage door wouldn't go down... Weird. I tried it a couple more times. I then tried the actual main button, still nothing. Damit!! I pulled out the manual and read a little... not going to lie - that was completely foreign to me!! I called Ryan... his suggestion was the same thing I had tried... So Kayson and I sat in my car and I just stewed... wasn't sure what to do. By now it was 6:20, we are starving... so I left, leaving the door open!! I drove down 92nd Street... and soon enough, I realized I was going too fast and was welcomed by a West Des Moines cop. PERFECT. This just tops the night!

Handing over my registration, license and insurance... Kayson and I waited. Kayson thought saying "Uh Oh Mommy" would help the situation. ha... like I said, I can laugh about it now!! What seemed like 20 minutes later, the cop came back giving me 4 warnings. THANK GOD - but 4... 4 warnings?!?!? What?!

1. Speeding - Slow down Maam.
2. Failure to give Notice of Address/Name Change - this relates to my name showing as Banta on my registration. I tried fighting it, but ended up just being quiet. (I called on this today to Dallas County - the nice lady said the cop was in the wrong, and my title shows Banta, so that's why my registration shows Banta). Whatever!
3. Display of Sticker (Tag) - there is a portion ripped on my tag (my fault, I guess!!!) and
4. Failure to Display Sticker (Tag) Blocked by Plate Frame -- I have a Hawkeye frame thingie over my license plate... apparently that's blocking too much of my tag. OMG!! Again, irritated... but giggling about it now. I think it's even more funny that when I called the Dallas County lady, she laughed and said "Honey - next time you get picked up for that - you tell that cop to call me!" Too funny.
Ok... so lesson learned! ;)

So... after sitting and dealing with that very 'friendly' cop, Kayson and I were on our way... I ended up going straight home and making fish sticks for dinner! Wendy's would have been so much better!!

Ok... so now moving on to our garage door that is STILL open! I called a couple neighbor guys to see if they had an brilliant ideas... both were very willing to come help/look at it, but no answers unfortunately. We were able to close it manually, so K and I were safe. (Thanks to Eric, Rusty & Jon!) So a repair place was called this morning and they'll come look at it this afternoon.

Whew!! Last night was not a great evening for me!! However, the Hawks pulled off a great win for their bowl game. Great job! I'm sure Ryan is happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment