Monday, March 4, 2013

Saturday thru Monday

It's been a busy three days.  Bummed that it's Monday afternoon already!!

Saturday - we had a nice day.  Ryan had tons of work to do, so he went into work.  The kids and I hung out in the morning...  Cora taking a nice long nap.  Then we headed out to the mall - I told Kayson we could go to the book store.  He of course wanted to play too... so we did that, along with a crap ton of other kids!!  It was busy!  We made the trip to the book store too... getting a few books.  Ryan met us for lunch out there... then back home for a nice long nap for both kiddos.  Cora started coughing last Thursday... and it was getting worse as Saturday went on...  still happy, still eating, and still sleeping well.  Saturday evening we went out for pizza - tried out the NYC Pizza Cafe.  Really good.  

Sunday - I took Cora into the walk-in clinic first thing in the morning...  Eee... I don't like walk-in clinics.  I'm not exactly sure why, but I don't.  Anyway, we were seen fairly quickly, but then stuck around for an hour and a half.  Cora was wheezing and the doctor was concerned...  so a breathing treatment was done, then a steroid was given to help break that crap up in her lungs. Diagnosed with Bronchitis, again.  We finally headed home around 10:30... with some meds for the nebulizer and "watch her".  All the while, my mind is racing.  In less than 2 hours I was heading out of town to go with friends to a concert.  I'm thinking - "Bad Mom".  We got home, and I just knew that Cora would be fine, without me.  (And she was, of course).  Ryan is a great Dad.  And after 12:30, he was in charge!  :)  I headed out with Nicky, Nikki & Angie to Omaha to the Maroon 5 concert!!!  

I haven't been to a concert in YEARS (9 years to be exact, I think!)  Anyway, we got to the hotel...  hung out and had some drinks...  got ready, had a great dinner out, talking, laughing and just having a great time.  Then it was concert time!  It was a great concert - like we all decided - it's certainly just because Adam is so DREAMY!  :)  I joke.  The music was awesome, light show was amazing... and he (and his band) are fantastic!!  I have been a big fan for a long time, but now that I've seen them in concert - wow, I'm a HUGE fan now.  Adam is seriously so CUTE!!! and he has a great personality as well...  very well worth the money and time away from my family.  

Monday - We got back to DSM this morning... around 10 am.  (We figured there's no real reason to hang out at a hotel!)  Nice ride back, then I went and picked up my kids.  I figured I could have just layed around and did this and that around the house alone, but I really wanted to see my kiddos!  We headed down to my work to 'show them off'... and we had a great time.  Kayson was so good... shy at first, but then he really got used to the place.  I showed him the cafeteria, and we got some food - ate at my desk with a couple other friends...  Cora was walked around and shown off some more.  It was a nice little visit. 

This afternoon has been nap for Kayson... Cora just layed down... laundry and just chillin for me.  I'm enjoying it!!!

Cora is still coughing...  but it's a little looser cough.  We go tomorrow morning for her 6 month checkup, so I'm assuming Dr. Beebe will talk with us a little more about Cora getting Bronchitis for the 2nd time in a month.  

Here are a few pictures from the last couple days.  Lots of fun happening!  :)
Showing off her bath towel from Aunt Tina.  Little did I know she was peeing during this...  (yes, she did not have a diaper on!)  Mommy & Daddy's sheets are being washing right now!
Really starting to sit up on her own more and more each day!
Dr. Kayson taking care of Cora.  Shot in the bum.  :)
At the concert!!  Nikki, Me, Nicky & Angie - fun times!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment