Wednesday, February 27, 2013

"Cora May Taylor" & "Kayson Michael"

This is one of those posts to share the little happenings and quirks of our daughter and son.  We say "CORA MAY TAYLOR" a lot.  :)  And we say "KAYSON MICHAEL" a lot too!  I think it's funny that Cora is already having the full name hollered at her!!!

CORA
  • This girl has more blow-outs than I can count!!!  EVERY DAY she has a blow out at daycare...  I know that daycare doesn't just take care of (only!) her, so she tends to wiggle and create a blow out!!  I can't remember the last time she came home with the same clothes on!
    • Along with the blow outs, and still spitting up... I do SO MUCH LAUNDRY!!!
  • She scoots and scoots...  she's going places!  It's crazy to get up and walk away, and with in 10 seconds she's in a different spot, facing a different direction and completely off the floor blanket!!
  • When changing her diaper, if she spots something she wants (usually something in her basket next to her head), she tries to completely turn over.  Oh dear, little girl!!
  • Routine is going pretty well...  she's a happy baby, so that's a great thing.
    • Speaking of routine - she's used to me doing bedtime... and last night, Ryan took over mid-feeding, cuz he's going to be gone the rest of the week.  She cried and cried once she was done with her bottle.  She really gave him a fit!  I feel terrible... 
  • She LOVES Kayson. She gets to laughing so hard at him... I can just tell she's soaking all that stuff in that he does!!!
She's gonna be a stinker.  :)

KAYSON
  • I've said this over and over again this winter - this little boy LOVES TO SHOVEL.  Last night we got home...  driveway was completely covered with the 4 or 5 inches... he DEMANDED that I snow blow and he shovel.  (Really - with Cora awake and ready to get out of her seat?!?!)  But I did - we bundled Cora up and sat her in her seat in the garage, while I snow blowed as much as I could.  He could have stayed out there for hours!  When Ryan got home (7:30), they both went back out and shoveled and snow blowed!!!  HE LOVES IT!
  • Mr. Kayson likes to say words that he's learning at daycare (from his little friends).  These words are not appropriate and we are trying as best as we can to explain to him that we don't say those words.
  • He's learning to tattle as well.  Oh boy.  That's a tough one for me.  I want him to explain things that are happening to me, but I also want him to stand up and be strong... and not think he needs to tell me, Ryan or someone else everything that's going on!  Again, tough one. 
  • He jumps on the couch ALL THE TIME.  I don't know how many times a night we tell him "The couch is for sitting!! Kayson Michael!"
He's a good kid, who loves his sister and us.  We are pretty darn lucky!

Here are a few recent pictures.
My snow babies!
Oh little boy!!!
Trapping her to watch a movie.  She liked it!  (Painted toenails & all!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment