Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Cora - 6 Months Old

My daughter is 1/2 year today.  WHAT???  How in the world did that happen?  This morning I have 'reminisced' about my time with her on maternity leave.  OOOo it was wonderful.  Sure we had some rough days, but my goodness - I would so go back to that 3 months in a second.  I remember the first week being home by myself with her (Ryan was traveling), K was at daycare... Cora and I layed on my bed several mornings - her in her Boppy, and me just laying next to her.  She wouldn't move for a good 2 hours.  Me neither.  :)  It was the best.  I'm so thankful for memories and just having that time with her.

Cora is great - she's changing a lot.  I mean, a lot.  She's growing as she should, but in my opinion - way too damn fast!  Here are all the things she's 'doing':
  • 6 oz. bottles about every 3.5 to 4 hours.  This has been a huge change, for the better.  Spitting up is pretty much gone (besides a few random ones -- oh, and EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.SHE.GETS.IN.HER.CARSEAT she spits up!!!  Weird, I know.)
  • Sleeping is going well - naps are still pretty random.  But I'm seeing a little bit more of a routine on time wise, just not length wise.  I'm hoping daycare will start to help with that?!?!
  • Coos and talks... and giggles.  Oooh, she has such a great giggle.  Last night I had her belly laughing - those hard, deep laughs. 
  • Rolls and rolls... and gets up on her hands so tall-like... it's awesome. 
  • Gets up on her knees now!!  She will rock back and forth for about 10 seconds, then flops down.  Kayson NEVER did this!!!
  • Loves her toes - not only has she found them, she puts them in her mouth!
  • Sitting up on her own (still a little wobbly) - we support her with her Boppy...  but I'd give her another 2-3 weeks and she should have that down!
  • Loves her foods - especially green beans and sweet tators.  :)  We'll be introducing fruit this weekend (I think!)
  • She wants to be IN THE ACTION.  She's always wanting to see someone in the house...  (there goes my thought of her being the independent one!!!)  She loves to watch brother - if he would stop for a second.
  • She is a Momma's girl - again, I don't remember K having such melt-downs, but Cora definitely has that part down.  I feel bad for Ryan...  she loves him and thinks he's awesome (talks and smiles like crazy to him), but apparently she wants me if I'm in the room.
  • Wearing size 2 diapers (probably could go to 3, but waiting).
  • Wearing all 6 month stuff - we have a few 9 month items that she's wearing (sleepers and a few tops).  Her torso seems long, or the clothes just shrink from being washed and dried 1,000 times!


oooo my sweet baby girl.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment