Friday, February 22, 2013

Daycare

There are obvious pros and cons about sending your kids to a daycare center.  This week I've learned about a big pro... or maybe it's just the people that we've run across and trust our kids with. 

I've never said anything bad about our daycare center, we've been pleased from day one.  Sure, I may complain under my breath about how something is happening with my kid, but within a day, I will say something or confront the 'concern'.  And it's handled... and we move on.  That's how I like it. 

Anyway, Cora is doing great... and she's been with one specific teacher since she was 3 months old.  This teacher has been great - very social, very outgoing, interested in our lives, cares for Cora (and Kayson too), is funny, just one of those people who is 'liked'. 

Thursday, I got a call from this teacher...  she wanted to just talk about Cora and let me know some of the things she's been seeing.  For example: Cora is still hungry after her 6 oz. bottle... mad and is searching for that bottle ("WHERE DID IT GO!?!?" - type of thing!)  The teacher said that she noticed that Cora hasn't been napping well, etc...  so we just talked.  I asked questions, she asked questions... and we came up with some options together.  And it was WONDERFUL. 

Ryan and I know Cora is growing...  she's been up in the middle of the night a couple times this week, hungry...  She sucks her bottles down, like they are going out of style!  So getting this phone call really wasn't a complete surprise, but it was a great thing from the teacher and the center.  I was glad the teacher took the initiative. I was pleased!

There's something about having others take care of your kids...  I struggle with it.  I think it's just one of those Mom things (or a Janelle thing).  But I got to thinking last night - daycare teachers are the next best thing to help Ryan and I with our kids - they are the ones that spend the most time with our kids during the week.  Heck, they probably know our kids better than we do in some aspects!!!  So when it comes to the daycare teachers caring and wanting to help, I'm all for it!  :)  I want to see ALL the teachers do this!! I hope that we start to see a difference with the changes we are making over the next few days... 

No comments:

Post a Comment