Monday, March 25, 2013

Links - Life as a Mom

Last week I ran across an article about "having Mom in the picture".  This one hit home to me...  1) Looking back, I don't see A LOT of pictures of me and my sisters with my Mom.  and 2) I don't really LIKE to have my picture taken, but when reading this article it makes me change my mind. 


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/allison-tate/mom-pictures-with-kids_b_1926073.html

My favorite part of the article is:
I'm everywhere in their young lives, and yet I have very few pictures of me with them. Someday I won't be here -- and I don't know if that someday is tomorrow or thirty or forty or fifty years from now -- but I want them to have pictures of me. I want them to see the way I looked at them, see how much I loved them. I am not perfect to look at and I am not perfect to love, but I am perfectly their mother.

This is going to be my vow to be in more pictures with my kids.  No more hiding behind the camera.  So Ryan, be ready to take some pictures for a change.  :)
------------------------
Here's another article from a blog that I just was informed of.  This is another good one... another one to make a Mom think.  It talks about how we should slow down and "enjoy the moment, they go by too fast."

There are many nights (specifically nights when I'm solo-Mom) that I can't wait for bedtime.  I can't wait til my children are asleep and safe in their beds.  I can't wait for me to be able to sit down and take a breath.  I think now I'm realizing that Cora is here (and already 7 months old and already almost crawling), that life really does go too fast. 

Enjoy.
http://momastery.com/blog/2012/01/04/2011-lesson-2-dont-carpe-diem/

No comments:

Post a Comment