Thursday, March 14, 2013

4 days down, 1 more

Ryan's been in Kansas this week (and next week too)...  I've said this before, I'm (we are) used to his traveling, I can do it, the kids and I survive...  but this week, I've missed him more than normal. 

We finally have a healthy girl, which has helped a ton.  She's sleeping at night.  I think that's the best thing about this whole week, is that she's now not making a PEEP at night!  :)  Heaven!!  She's so intrigued by her toys and things around her.  She is a pro at sitting up and reaching (and not tumbling over) for things...  she's doing awesome!!

Kayson's been pretty good for me too.  He's a busy kid, but then some days, he just wants to lay around.  :)  Each night we've kept pretty busy... either just doing things around the house (and to be honest, by the time we get home and settled - after supper is ate - and soon after it's bath time and bed), we don't have a ton of time to do much.  But either way, I try to keep him happy, as well as Cora. 

Last night I needed to get to the mall - my watch battery was dead, and I can't survive without a watch!  So we ventured out - not getting to the mall til 6:30 (Cora eats her supper from 5:50 til about 6:15)...  I was starving, so we ate first.  Kayson ate every last bite of his food... ooh that makes this Mommy happy.  Then we got my watch fixed...  and then he got to play.  He was so good for me.  While he played I took Cora out of her seat and she just watched and watched all the kids... she was in heaven!   We even stopped into Children's Place.  I hardly ever go in there - I just have a hard time finding things I like for Kayson...  I did get him a new pair of jeans and a top though... Cora got a cute little pink, ruffly outfit... and some tights!!  (Both kids need clothes desperately...for Spring/Summer)  It's funny to think and say that out loud, because I thought a month ago, Cora had WAY TOO many clothes, but she is just growing so fast (and her clothes shrink!), and the weather is still so weird - she needs some new stuff. 

Anyway, we got home later than I wanted to, but they both did well for me... and were asleep by 9:00.  (Not too shabby). 

Tonight I told Kayson he could watch a movie... maybe then I can get a few house things done...  I'd like to clean a bathroom (or both), so I don't have to do it on the weekend.  But we'll see how tonight goes!

One more day til Ryan is home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment