Sunday, November 7, 2010

Longest day!

Man... it was the longest day today. A great day, but LONG. This daylight saving thing really threw us for a loop... Ryan and I both didn't sleep well and were up early (because it felt like it was earlier than it was). And then it gets darker earlier, so our evening has felt like forever! ha.

Between morning and tonight, our house was full of guests. I hosted a baby shower for Martina today. Lots of prepping and planning, but it went so well - we had a great turnout - Martina & Blair got some wonderful gifts for the baby - lots of laughter - and just plain fun for everyone. I loved it - I loved hosting! Martina is doing great with her pregnancy and looks awesome... makes me want to be pregnant again... for just a little bit. ha. Then it goes away! ;) (Not ready for #2 yet)!

This afternoon after the guests left, Ryan took care of some 'winterizing' things around the house... he put away Kayson's outdoor toys, stored the bike that I never ride, covered up the mower for the season, and is planning on doing some other stuff in the coming weeks too. I hate to think about the cold weather, but it'll be here before we know it!

We picked up a winter coat and snow pants for Kayson this weekend. (It's cuter than ever!) We'll also try to find some snow boots soon too. This afternoon the weather was beautiful, so he was outside for nearly 2 hours straight... and I thought to myself - "What are we going to do when it's snowing and so cold!?" I guess we'll put the snow pants and all on and play in the snow! YIKES!

Kayson's ear infection seems to be doing better with the meds... however, this medicine makes his appetite non-existant and he has awful messy diapers. At least he doesn't mind taking the medicine, he'll say "MMmmmm" after taking it. :)

It was a great weekend... I'm wiped out and hoping to sleep better tonight!! I'm anxious for it to be lighter in the morning for us... but will be an adjustment for the 5:00 darkness. Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the amazing shower! It couldn't have been more perfect! I appreciate all your hard work and preparation! It really means a lot!

    ReplyDelete