Monday, November 1, 2010

Do we have a temper??!

I may have pushed it tonight... but either way, Ryan and I saw a side of Kayson that was interesting to say the least!

After picking him up from daycare... we went to the grocery store. (We do this from time to time, and he typically does really well). We hit HyVee, I walked fast and talked and talked with him telling him everything we were picking up, etc... just like normal. Kayson wasn't having it - didn't really think it was cool today. I hurried along - I think the trip was about 20 minutes... if that, not too bad. Little did he know, we needed to make another stop! We headed to Fareway... why do you ask?! Why another grocery store?! Fareway has these amazing fajita mixes already put together, all you have to do is fry them up! That trip was quick, but when we went to get back in the car - I had a screaming child who didn't want in his carseat... didn't want anything to do with me or the car or the seat... if we could have walked home, that would have been what we would have done!!! After some quiet time on my end - just letting Kayson have his fit... I finally got him buckled. (Now I know what it feels like when I tend to stare at children who are having fits... how embarrassing.)

We got home... finally. Like I said, I know I probably pushed it... but unfortunately, there's only certain times that work to get things done... and today was the day we needed groceries and he was being dragged along! So... we are home... and the whining continues and the tempers and the screaming and the throwing himself on the ground and the crying. Wow... Ryan and I felt like we tried everything... what a stressful feeling and also sad. I felt bad - he was tired, he was rubbing his eyes while he cried... nothing really made him happy. Finally after dinner and some more crying... he sat with Ryan for a little bit and looked at some books... bath came early and so did bed. I sure hope he sleeps well. Ryan and I are wiped out!

Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment