Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Iced In!

Well, I'm officially sick and tired of Iowa winters. I'm guessing everyone else around here is as well. I was going to attempt the drive into work this morning, I had every intention... then I decided to look out the window and saw that our garbage bin had slid down the street a little bit... so I put Kayson in his highchair and I quickly went outside to pull it back up to the driveway... while slipping and falling. Perfect. (Enter sarcasm here). The driveway was a skating rink, as well as the street. I decided there was no way I was going to drive Kayson to daycare and then downtown. I'm just not putting myself through that. It makes me crazy nervous. It could have easily been fine (some people said some roads were fine), but I didn't do it. We stayed in all day... and had a good day. Kayson took a GREAT nap this morning - 2 hours. I layed down as well and slept nearly an hour and a half. We played hard and read every book at least 10 times! This afternoon was a completely different story for naps - he screamed and cried for an hour. I tried the laying him back down and walking away, I tried the rocking him and giving him more milk, I tried reading to him, I tried just walking around... it didn't work. I knew then I had an "over-tired" baby. For you other Mom's out there - over-tired babies are not fun! We tried to play the rest of the afternoon and evening, but nothing made him happy... he did eat well, so that was a plus. Tonight I knew we should start bed a little early... I started at 6:50 and by 8:00, he was asleep. LONG HOUR for me!!! BUT - he sleeps and looks so sweet. ;)

So... now I hope to get to work tomorrow safely... Ryan called and said he will be home tomorrow night, rather than Friday. WONDERFUL! I can't wait to have him home. I get my hair done tomorrow late afternoon, so JeanAnn and Grandma Janis are coming to take care of Kayson. Tomorrow is a new day - NO MORE ICE and SNOW. I'm tired of it!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment