Sunday, January 3, 2010

Challenges

Our little family is going through a big challenge lately. The challenge of getting our wonderful son to drink his milk out of a sippy cup!!! Seems silly doesn't it? I'm sure you thought we were having some 'real' problems. ha. Well - to me, this is a problem - a challenge. I'm struggling. Kayson is struggling. We've started to take the bottle away for his snacks and middle of the day feedings... that actually didn't go too bad. He takes water from the sippy cup like a champ, and milk just okay. So over the past week we've started to take the morning bottle away - giving him a sippy cup of milk and actual breakfast. He struggles with the sippy cup in the morning - cries. He KNOWS it's not his bottle. And to add to the madness - we've decided to take the nighttime bottle away as well.

I feel like a horrible mom - it would be so easy to just give him that bottle again and we would be set. But for the past 3 evenings, we've cried (even me a little!) and pushed the sippy cup away. He'll take a little, then cry hard... push it away, then cry some more... then take a sip. It's a LONG process! All my friends have said "it's sometimes a challenge, just be patient and keep trying... Kayson will figure it out." Oh my - it sure has tested my patience. We'll keep at it, and I sure do hope every day gets easier and easier for him.

For you mothers out there - I'd love some more advice, some more suggestions... We will try anything right now!! We want our baby happy!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes! Hang in there momma! There are so many milestones to achieve. You will look back in a year and it will seem like a blink. We went cold turkey on the bottle and the pacifier (along with a few nights of lost sleep). After that, it was smooth sailing! Just wait for the transition from the crib to the toddler bed. :) You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete