Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Trying to figure it out...

Being a parent is the hardest thing I've ever had to do, and the best thing as well. In the midst of Kayson not feeling well - things are changing. Granted - is it just because we are getting over the 'not feeling well' stage, or are we moving to another stage of development?

Kayson typically has a bedtime bottle right before bed - last night, he didn't want anything to do with it. I mean NOTHING! He cried and cried, so I thought something was wrong - does his throat hurt? Is the bottle too warm? Finally, I just layed him down... he cried some more - and was asleep in less than 4 minutes... and out for the entire night. Whew. So then this morning, I was given another thing to figure out. Kayson woke up earlier than normal, (but slept thru the night, so that's fine!) - woke up crying. I thought - "he's gotta be hungry! It had been nearly 13 hours!" Again - didn't want anything to do with the bottle. I thought - "Oh no, something's for sure wrong!!!" He ended up being very content, wanted to play a little... so I jumped in the shower, and got ready while he played on the floor and watched me get ready. He was fasinated, he'd never really done that before! (thought my blowdryer was pretty funny!) I thought we had better try the bottle again - he drank it down like it was going out of style! So... like I said, just another thing that is possibly changing?? Will he maybe not want a bottle FIRST thing in the morning? Or is it just him getting back into the swing of things? These may be small issues, but when it's your first child and you are trying to figure these things out on your own, it's hard!!

I can say Kayson's been much happier, which has been great. Alisha at daycare said yesterday was a good day, and I'm just going to assume today will be as well! That little stinker. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment