Monday, September 7, 2009

Weekend

It was a nice long weekend - however, I wish we had another free day! The long weekends are great, so the next week is 'short', but long weekends just go faster than normal and we don't get that free day!

Saturday
Ryan & I headed over to Iowa City for the first Iowa FB game. Ryan was excited, I was tired! Things are different now that Kayson is here - how many times do I say that?! But it's so true. It honestly was hard for me to leave him for the entire day... even though I (we) leave him at daycare every week day - on a weekend it's harder. He had a good time with Grandma JeanAnn and Grandpa Mike - he was a good boy. And Ryan & I had a nice time at the game... it was a win in the end.

Sunday
Sunday afternoon we headed down to Creston to visit more family. JeanAnn's 50th birthday was earlier this week, and we surprised her with dinner out with all her friends and family. I believe it was a success - she was surprised! Martina did most of the work - planning and organizing, so big thanks to her.

Today (Monday)
Tha famous Diagonal Labor Day parade. Yep - I said Diagonal parade! It was a little chilly morning, but we had a nice time. It was Kayson's first parade, and he did wonderful! With all the firetrucks honking and turning on their sirens, he did great - no fussin! We saw lots of tractors (at least 50!) and horses and nice old cars. Following the parade, we went back to Grandma & Grandpa's (Janis & Dick) - for lunch and playing. Kayson took a great nap with all the commotion and we all just sat around and chit chatted and watched the kids play.

Now it's Monday night - glad it's Monday (just means a shorter week), but really wish I had enough personal time to take tomorrow off to just be at home. Oh well! Ryan is off to Minnesota tomorrow through Friday. One reason to be happy for the shorter week.

Hope you all had a wonderful long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment