Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Funny Story... I think!

So last night I attended the photography seminar... Lacey & Justin watched Kayson for me. Throughout the night, I got small updates from Lacey - Kayson was doing well, ate all his food, and went down like a rock star. The seminar was suppose to end at 10:30 (late!), but we were already behind by 9:00. I, along with my friend Aimee, decided to leave around 10:35. I was beat - a lot of great information, but one late night!

Anyway, so I get to Lacey's - Lacey, Justin and I sit and chit chat for a little bit - I peak in on Kipton (he's growing and cuter than ever - looks just like Corbin!). Then I went to get Kayson. I picked him up, he opened his eyes and looked at me, then buried his head a little... I thought "we are good to go - he'll pretty much stay asleep." Once I started to walk with him, he perked up, head straight up and started looking around... looking at Lacey & Justin and SMILING! Then we thought maybe he was going to cry (thought he wasn't sure what was going on), but no - he smiled, looked around, wide awake!! Oh it was really funny! Remember it's nearly 11:00 by now! I'm now thinking "OMG - he better go back to sleep!" :) Since he was awake and smiling, we then stood there for another few minutes or so and talked...

I finally got home around 11:15 - Kayson was STILL awake when we got home... so I changed his wet diaper and layed him down telling him it's still "night-night" time. He smiled at me and went to sleep. What a good boy!! I was thrilled! I did a few things (since I didn't have time after work), then I crashed by 11:45. It was a late night, but a good one... and so glad Kayson slept for me!!

So that's my funny story - 11:00 at night, I'm getting smiles from Mr. Kayson. :) He's such a joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment