Monday, October 2, 2017

What is this world coming to?!

Overnight, there was a (ANOTHER) mass shooting in Las Vegas.  Over the years, mass shootings or bombing have just become a 'thing' that happens anymore.  I'm so tired of it.  So tired of waking up to bad news in the world - innocent people being killed.  Just stop!  Just stop hurting one another.  It's just awful. 

Not only do we have to worry about how this affects us as adults - but how does this affect our children??  I almost hate to have the news on anymore because my kids (especially Kayson), will see all this bad stuff and asks questions.  He has every right to ask questions; and God can only hope that Ryan and I can answer the questions and guide him (and Cora) to not ever do or be a part of terrible acts like this. 

Sad or bad news just comes too often anymore.  I like to think that our little family is happy; and we are...  but not everyone is.  You don't know what's going on in everyone's homes... and I feel for those people/those families.  I guess right now - I just want people to be nice.  Stop hurting people - it doesn't have to be with guns - with words and especially actions.  Just be nice.  Be respectful.  (as I tell my kids almost daily --- be respectful!!!) 

I understand we can't shield our kids from everything... I get it.  But this is just outrageous... and almost unbelievable, like a terrible nightmare.   But the nightmare continues.  I'm sad.  I'm scared.  I'm overwhelmed.

...end of rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment