Thursday, October 19, 2017

Cora - Challenges & Accident Prone

Our beautiful 5 year old is 5... and she's a little stinker.  Some may think she's a brat at times.  :)  I hope not, but at some points in our evenings or outings, if I were watching her from afar (and not her parent), I would think she's a brat. 



Cora's struggling with the activities she does - tumbling and gymnastics.  Now I don't know if this is me, or if it's the activity, or what.  Monday at tumbling she didn't participate and was literally being held by one of the teachers!  OMG.  The teacher is about 12 years old - and could barely hold a 45 pound Cora.  WHICH SHE SHOULDN'T BE ANYWAY.  I was livid.   They baby her and that makes me mad.  Cora was not participating because her elbows hurt.  Yes - and this comes from her just seemingly getting hurt a lot lately.  Sunday night when the kids were at the trampoline park - she got some major trampoline burns on her elbows.  Yes, I'm 100% certain they hurt, cuz they are big and sore... but I still don't think she should be babied!

The week before at gymnastics she thought it would be cool to crawl around while she was waiting in line for her turn.  And she would walk around with her hands in her mouth (gross and so annoying)... acting like she's not interested.  OMG!!  To watch her act like that and not be able to open the door and take her out of that, makes my skin crawl.  Even one of the other mom's said to me "Is your daughter not feeling well, she's not really participating?"  Ugh, how embarrassing - no, actually she's just being a brat and a baby!

Yesterday as we were leaving daycare, she thought she would be funny and not come with me when it was time to leave... so I started to walk away (like I always do), and she then freaked out and started sprinting down the hall... then tripped... and fell flat on her face with her head hitting the wall.  Bawling as we walk out!  Again, embarrassing.

And I just got a phone call today from daycare saying she was helping stack chairs after lunch, and she turned around and accidently got hit by a chair in the eye/eyebrow area.  Ok - so that's not embarrassing... but she's just not having any luck lately!! 

Oh Cora May.  I know she's only 5, I'm fully aware...  but I'm kind of ready for her to grow up a little/mature a little in some aspects.  Patience Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment