Tuesday, October 24, 2017

One Year without Mom

Yesterday (October 23) officially marked 1 year without Mom in our lives.  Without my Mom.  Without Mom to see my kids.  Without my Mom to help Dad in the field.  Without my Mom to be with my sisters in Clarion.  Without her just around - to drive me crazy in her own way...  and just not be here. 

Sunday at church my wonderful husband asked for prayers for all of us today.  That brought the waterworks for the day... and into yesterday as well.  I'm thankful for what we have... but I sure do wish I still had my Mom. 

Sunday night my sisters and nieces snapchatted for hours back and forth - talking, crying, laughing about Mom/their Grandma.  Pictures were being shared like crazy... and this first one was sent by Ash.  Mom looks like someone straight out of a movie... so beautiful.  Makes me smile.

 
 

 
 
 

and last night we started a tradition (maybe) --- we went for a Diet Coke at a nearby Hardee's.  It's not something that any of us will drink, but Ryan had the great idea to do this...  in remembrance of Mom.  The kids thought it was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment