Sunday, March 12, 2017

Weekend

Friday:
Well, our Friday night was a relaxing night... I was feeling a teensy better, and had somewhat of an appetite.  We were originally going to get together with some old friends, Clay and Holly (who live over near Iowa City), they were going to be in town...  but I just wasn't up for it.  I felt awful that I cancelled on them.  But we grabbed some supper out... then back home to watch a movie and relax.  

Saturday:
I woke up groggy... like bad.  I wasn't sure if I was up for our day... but slowly, but surely, I started to perk up... and got myself ready.  Ryan headed off to a work meeting... and the kids and I loaded up and headed to Clarion.  We haven't been there since Christmas, and I have been really needing to be there.  

It was a good drive... and I felt 100% by the time we got there.  We just instantly visited with everyone... had lunch, and the kids played pretty well.  Otherwise, we just hung out most of the afternoon.  We got to see everyone, which was perfect.  Ryan ended up driving up after his meeting, so that was super nice.   We made a trip to the cemetery to see Mom...  we left a new Spring wreath for her, and lots of love.  It was a cold day... so I'm ready for it to be warm, so we can go there and stand/talk a little longer.  I feel we are always rushed... and I don't want Mom to be upset about that.  

We went out to the farm for a little bit too, which was nice.   Then Saturday night we took the kids up to 4-H Fun Night at the High School.  Lil Ryan and Lindsay are heavily involved in 4-H, so they were a part of that fund raiser, so we enjoyed a couple hours there...  kids played some games, including BINGO, which Kayson loved.  ha.  


We eventually headed to Trish's to get the kids cleaned up and ready for bed... then back in the car to drive home.  It was a super busy day... and super late night (with Daylight Savings Time - losing an hour of sleep), we all felt it today!!!  But it was so worth being in Clarion.  

Sunday:
A tired morning!!! (I think we all would have slept til 9!!!)  We did church, then home to just hang out.  We all were exhausted... so we all napped (except Kayson), then I eventually went to Target and then HyVee. 

Ryan leaves for KS tomorrow, for the entire week.  UGH.  I used to sometimes be ok with him being gone a little... but lately, I truly hate it.  I get nervous, and just un-easy lately.  Kayson is on Spring Break too - so he's doing 'fun' things at BTB this week, so hopefully we all have a good week...  but I do pray everything goes smoothly for me and the kids, and Friday comes super fast.  




two of my favorite girls








No comments:

Post a Comment