Sunday, March 26, 2017

Cora updated - and our quiet weekend

Well, we have survived the weekend.  I can fully say that Cora is on the mend.  Finally. 

So after Friday's appointment, we stayed in...  bed early, and continued with the fevers on Cora's end.  Saturday morning she woke with another high temp.  I got frustrated, well, maybe more frustrated...  got upset and just worried.  I mean - is this ever going to end!!??  (It does, but at the moment, I didn't think it would!)

We hung out all day long.  I did run to the grocery store to get some stuff...  since we were out of a lot.  Cora played, rested, colored, watched shows, everything...  but seemed to be more on the quiet side on Saturday.  Just a little somber.  Ryan and Kayson watched lots of basketball, and just more hanging out.  

Cora took a nice rest, which she needed... and she woke drenched.  Her hair was wet and she was warm...  but temp was down.  I was thrilled.  Soon she was up and at em, showing a little attitude and just a little more of 'herself'.  We needed to get out of the house - so we did a quick WalMart run, then back home.  Super quick...  but got some fresh air.  

Saturday night we stayed in, cooked dinner, and Kayson watched a movie.  Cora did a lot of this and that, but kept her temp at normal the entire night.  Then it was bedtime... and around 10pm I checked on her, and her temp was 95.5.  WHAT??!?!  I messaged Trish and she seemed concerned...  that temp was super low.  I instantly was worried and literally was up almost all night long.  I checked her temp about every 30 minutes - called the Oncall Nurse (she was not as concerned as Tricia was), but suggested some things to keep her warm, and "Watch her".  Oh ok - it's only 1:30 in the morning!!!  Yep.  So I watched her.  Literally sat in her room and watched her sleep, she was pretty restless between 2 am and 3:30 am, but then finally slept hard.  I couldn't keep my eyes open and knew I would be useless if I didn't get some shut-eye...  her temp at 3:30 am was 97.1.  I slept from about 3:45 til 6:30.  Yah, not long.  

BUT - she woke with the same temp (low temp), and seemed good.  She still doesn't have much of an appetite - but thirsty.  That was one thing Trish and the Oncall Nurse said - just keep her drinking.  The hunger and appetite will come in time.  

We went to church... and she did great.  The whole day she did really well...  still the low to 'normal' temp all day without any Motrin or Tylenol.  So... I feel we are in the clear... getting better... finally.  

Our (or MY) weekend consisted of hovering over Cora.  I worry about her... and just want her all better.  By tonight she was sassy and really talking back.  I have to think that we are about 90% there to being her normal self.  :)

What a week it's been...  I'm wiped out, mentally and physically.  

No comments:

Post a Comment