Friday, March 24, 2017

Cora - Double Ear Infection

The bad news just keeps on coming.
Thursday Ryan stayed home with Cora.   I guess they had an okay day... her temp stayed down nearly all day, but didn't have an appetite.  

Today I was home with her.  She woke with a 100.4 temp (better than 102), so I thought we were good.  As the day went on, she just was somber.  However, she did eat lunch for me, and a few snacks.  But when it was time for her to rest - she fought it hard.  Very restless...  and only slept probably 25 minutes.  She woke in tears saying her ear hurt.  Oh dear. 

Meanwhile, Kayson is still coughing... but he went to school.  This morning I called and made a doctor appointment for him, just in case.  Just that precautionary 'look' - the one where we are going into the weekend, and I want answers, just in case...   and don't want to go to Urgent Care and sit for 5 hours.

Well, Cora would be joining us at K's appointment. 

Kayson's results - a cold.  Thank god.  His ears, throat and chest are good...  just a flemmy cough, that needs to run it's course.  I can handle that... and am soaking him with oils as well as a little Tylenol, just in case. 

Cora's results - double ear infection.  Damn.  BUT - super glad that she does have an infection, so we can get antibiotics.  (Does that sound bad?!?!)  I just didn't want to go in there, and have the doc tell us this is just part of the Influenza B.  The doc was super awesome too (Dr. Cooperrider), she could tell I was nervous and just want my kids to be better.  

Tonight Cora was kind of a mess.  No appetite, but thirsty (which is ok).  We did bath, she perked up a little, then went through a shivering stage.  So I know her temp was rising.  She was asleep by 8.  

Here's to a weekend at home and getting better.  I can't stop praying about this...  I hope God will be stepping in SOON. 

I, of course take pics of our day... here are a few. 

Just talking on her phone.  ha.


Kids at the doctor together.
I can't stop telling Cora (and K) that I love them... and that I'm sorry they aren't healthy.  Man it hurts me that they are feeling icky (mostly Cora).  As a Mom, I just want them running around and being sassy.  ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment