Sunday, March 12, 2017

Mommy - Ear and into throat/tummy?!!

So last weekend, Saturday morning actually, I got water in my ear in the shower.  I think I briefly wrote about this last week.  Anyway, I was told by everyone that it would eventually dry out and would be fine.  Well...  by Monday night, I had a terrible headache, everything was still very much muffled sounding and there was no sign of that water drying up in my ear. 

I was pissed.  

I ended up getting into the doctor Tuesday morning.  I literally didn't know what else to do.  And was genuinely concerned this would turn into an infection.  (which I was completely right)

Doc checked me out and very grossingly (I know that's not a word!) - I had a ball of wax in my ear, that was blocking any water to come out of the my ear or dry up.  She tried digging it out... no suck luck.  So warm water and peroxide here we come.  She flushed it out for about 5 minutes...  so gross, so weird feeling.  Ugh.  But eventually, I was ear-wax free and I could hear EVERYTHING.  I mean everything was loud... like amplified.  Hilarious.  So I thought we were good.  

By Wednesday afternoon, I had a headache and a cough.  And I literally knew that I had drainage from that water that had sat in my ear for 4 days.  And I knew it was infected.  I knew it.  By Wednesday night I was a mess... I felt awful.  I had a heavy, full chested cough that hurt, and everything was draining... I could feel it draining down my throat.  OMG.  Thursday I ended up staying home from work - I just couldn't do it.  I slept most of the morning... then got a second wind, but then rested again in the afternoon.  I called the doc, and she prescribed me an antibiotic (I didn't even have to go in - thank god!!)... and it's now Sunday night, and I'm feeling better.  I still have a ton of drainage and a sore nose from blowing it so much, but I've got to be on the right track.  

And what's most irritating... I don't feel like I had an oils to help this situation!!!  I have oils now that are helping with my sinus stuff, but I don't think there was anything I could use to stop that water from draining into my ears and throat?!?!!?  HUGE BUMMER. 

But... I'm on the mend, I believe.  I'm exhausted, but getting better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment