Sunday, August 28, 2016

Thank God it's the Weekend

After my terrible week with the kids... and just everything not going well last week.  Friday was heaven sent!  After Cora's awful doctor's appointment on Friday too... I was never so glad to get in the car by myself and go to work.  Bad Mom?  Eh...  at that point, I didn't really care.  I cried nearly the entire way to work.  I just had to let it all out... I was over it. 

Friday afternoon I got the kiddos...  they seemed to have good days... went home... and waited for Ryan.  He was home about 5:45 and it was such a huge relief.  Like I could breathe.   We grabbed dinner out, then back home to just hang.  We were all tired, but glad that we all were home under one roof. 

Saturday:
We hung out at the house in the morning...  I did house work, kiddos played a bit, then we met Ryan's folks for lunch.  Back home and Cora took a super short nap (huge bummer!).  We had Kayson signed up for a baseball try out.  Ryan took him to that around 1:45, back home about 3:30.  Ryan said that Kayson did pretty well, but has to be good enough to make a team.  We were supposed to find out tonight if he made a team, and as of now, we haven't heard anything...  more to come, maybe.   Anyway, then our friends Jess and Lex and their kids stopped by for about an hour.  We hadn't seen them in awhile, and they were out and about, so they dropped by.  Good little visit.  Then we headed to the mall to get a few things and grabbed dinner.  I was over the kids by then.  Lots of back talking... lots of being obnoxious at the 'wrong times'.  Just tired.  Me = tired.  I had had enough.  Home.  Bed.  

Sunday:
Church.  The kids and I haven't been for a couple weeks!  It was nice to be back.  Home this afternoon.  We kept pretty busy.  Ryan worked in the garage a little and mowed, we defrosted our freezer that's in the garage.  It looks awesome now!  I cleaned, did laundry, got groceries.  Kayson played with the neighbors for about 3 hours...  and they did well, no talking back, and I didn't have to get on him about crossing the street a zillion times.  It was a nice little afternoon. 

Tonight Cora and I went back out to the church.  Cora's Sunday School class was gathering to do a craft and kinda 'get back into it'.  Sunday School starts in a couple weeks.  So we did that...  it was really nice, and the kids had fun, but it went late.  Home at 8:00.  OMG.  

So overall, good weekend.  I'm so glad Ryan is home, and I'm praying that we have a much better week this week.  
One day this week we had rain, but no huge puddles.  Cora still wore her rain boots!
doing art at the front door.  weirdo.
He's too big to sit on it, so he stands on it.
makes me breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment