Friday, August 26, 2016

Cora - 4 Year Stats

Cora had a rough morning at the doctor.  And in my opinion - was for no reason.  4 year well checks do not include shots... just a look over.  She was not having it.  She literally cried and screamed nearly the entire time.  I was so embarrassed and beyond frustrated with her.  

She wouldn't stand on the scale to be weighed...  she wouldn't leave my side.  I just told the nurse - "can we do something else"?  We went into the room and Cora freaked out even more.  I made her sit with me and look at a book - that lasted about 1 minute before the crying started again.  

Finally Dr. Beebe came in...  and Cora screamed even louder.  I mean, I didn't even know what to do.  I just stared at her... and tried to get her to take a deep breath (it sometimes helps her calm down).  But it didn't work.  Dr. Beebe suggested we just get the 'exam' over with then we could talk.  Cora cried the entire time that the doctor looked at her - looked at her ears (which she hates, touched her tummy, checked her back, listened to her heart - she cried at everything.  

Cora then finally let us weigh her, so we at least have that...  

Anyway, then the doctor and I just talked.  Cora finally had calmed down and just sat with me.  Didn't say a word.  

Dr. Beebe is so nice, and so patient... I apologized a ton...  and we talked.  She asked questions about Cora.  Everything seems 'normal', and doctor was pleased that she'd grown about 4 inches and 4 pounds too.  Dr. Beebe asked about if we had thought about Kindergarten for Cora...  (so overwhelmed with that question right now!!)  Her suggestion is to wait til she's 6, solely because she (as a doctor) has seen some August birthday seniors come in for their physicals and they are completely stressed about college, etc.  They are barely 17.  So young.    Regardless, we have some time to think about it...  but she made a good point too. 

So...  Cora's 4 year stats are:
Weight: 38.8 lbs (77%)
Height: 41"  (75%)

No comments:

Post a Comment