Thursday, August 18, 2016

Kayson - Appointments

Since I'm off the rest of the week with Kayson...  we got all of his 'important' appointments out of the way.  

We did the dentist Wednesday afternoon.  He did great - with his missing teeth, and loose top one, he's been a little more lenient with his brushing.  And the dentist noticed!  They hygienist got him all cleaned up, scraped some icky stuff off...  and we were good.  Kayson is still a little nervous going there, but he's grown up a lot too.  He finally talks with Pam (the hygienist), and he laughs with her...  and he just lets her in his mouth!  We are making huge progress, and I'm thrilled. 


Look at those permanent teeth underneath!  So cool!
Then today we did the eye doctor.  Now this was the first time we've done the eye doctor.  We talked about it last year, but really never seemed to have problems, so we put it off.  Anyway, we got in... and again, Kayson did so well.  I wasn't sure what he would be required to do, I kinda thought it would be pretty simple and not do the things me and Ryan do... but I was completely wrong.  Kayson did everything that the grownups do!  All the tests, the eye puff (which I hate!!!), all the sitting and answering the questions!  He did amazing.  

In the end... he's a little far-sighted, but doc isn't worried at this point.  And doc said he has "stellar depth perception". I'm not exactly sure what that means - that she was thrilled with that... but whatever!  ha.  


We'll go back in a year, unless we feel something changes.  I was so proud of him!


No comments:

Post a Comment