Sunday, August 7, 2016

Weekend

And another weekend is GONE.  Already the first week in August is gone.  Kayson starts school in about 2 weeks.  Cora turns 4 in about 2 weeks.  Seriously.  I told you it would be Christmas before we know it. 

Friday:
Out for supper...  then home.  We just hung out, had a nice evening. 

Saturday:
Miss Cora's internal clock wakes her at 6:50.  Every day.  Even on weekends.  YUK.  I was so tired.  But we started the day... and decided to make a trip down to Great Grandma's farm.  The men (her 4 sons) and Ryan were going to do some cleaning up at the farm---trimming trees and bushes from the grove and fence line.  Hard work for those guys.  Anyway, we made the trip with Ryan... it was a beautiful day to be outside all day... so it worked out.  Duke came down with Scott, so Kayson and him played all day and did amazing.  They played basketball, they drove/rode the 4-wheeler for hours!!, they played golf.  Just did awesome with each other.  I know Kayson loved it.  Cora played really well too... random stuff all day. By 2:30 she started getting owly and talking back...  she was tired, but we waited for nap in the car home.  

The guys got a lot done, but still SOO much to do. I think Ryan enjoyed himself, helping out.  We headed home about 4:00.  Ordered pizza and did movie night.  The kiddos were beat. 


Sunday:
We skipped church.  EEK!  Cora was up early again, but I made her lay down a little longer in her bed.  I layed with her...  ugh, so uncomfortable and it didn't work. ha.  Kayson slept til about 8:30, which was nice.  We just hung out this morning.  Then the kids and I got cleaned up and headed to Ames for Cora's 4 year picture shoot.  They really did amazing, and I was super pleased with the results.  We already have the images back (which I LOVE!!!), so I'll be organizing this week and getting all of those ordered.  

The rest of the day was a nap for sis, lots of relaxing, went to the park for a bit, then dinner and bed.  It was a nice day.  Nice weekend. 

Pics from the weekend:

Kayson and Duke - golfers!

Puzzles with Great Grandma

Duke gave me a ride.  He did good!

No comments:

Post a Comment