Saturday, August 13, 2016

Do the Zoo, Blank Park Zoo

Well, we are pretty much done with summer...  

This morning we decided to go to the zoo here in DSM.  It's always more fun to 'talk' about rather than going.  Our kids just don't do well with walking around and having to be patient.  Ugh.  Cora instantly was complaining that her legs hurt.  She also wanted to do the train right away, but we made her wait... and I swear she asked me quietly (so her Dad wouldn't hear) at least 1,000 times "when are we riding the train?"   Kayson seemed less than interested at times too.  He said he was mad at me a couple times cuz I said 'no' to something.  He's going through a tough stage too...  oh boy.  Anyway, we made it 2.5 hours.  I just think about the times that I want to take them to the Omaha Zoo, or do other stuff (or when Disney World gets brought up), I literally cringe.  But that's for another day...  and more of my babbling. 

All and all, it was a fine couple hours.  The weather was great.  Last year when we went, it was 100 degrees, it seemed!  Here are a few pics of our morning. 








No comments:

Post a Comment