Sunday, June 1, 2014

Weekend

I am so bummed the weekend is over!  Gosh, they go too fast... and the 4 day work week took forever.

Friday evening we just stayed in...  enjoyed the kiddos and the fire pit.  We had Lex, a neighbor, stop by for a beer... and we just enjoyed the night.

Saturday morning I got groceries... and we played and played in the morning. Shortly after lunch, we had two crabby kids.  Cora went down well (but didn't sleep very long), and Kayson fought us, but ended up taking a nice nap.  He didn't want to sleep - so kept asking me to wake him at 2:30.  (He layed down around 1:40).  Since he can't tell time yet, I can kind of fib some things... but soon we won't be able to do that!  I woke him around 3.  ha.

My sister, Trish, and her family came for a visit... they got here around 2:30 or so...  and we were instantly outside.  Once the kids were up, we really took advantage of the great weather.  The patio is getting it's use!!  Hope, Eden and Logan really played hard with the kids...  even Uncle Greg - doing some soccer.  We got a sprinkler out as well, so they were all worn out!  We ordered Olive Garden in (everyone's favorite!) and then we had another fire pit night.  More playing and lots of laughs... such a great time.  My family left around 9pm, which was late for them, but I totally loved it.  I am thrilled they came and spent so much time with us. (seems like that just doesn't happen often enough).

Anyway, this morning - the kiddos slept in!  Kayson - 8:30... and Miss Cora - 9:15!!  I could get used to this!!  Of course, as I say this... I was up around 7ish...  tossing and turning.  I've realized that I just can't lay in bed that long.  My back really starts to hurt and ache...  so, I got up and enjoyed some breakfast and quiet.

We played hard again today... but since we had so much fresh air yesterday (and some pink shoulders!), we decided to stay inside a little more today.  We went to the mall and the kids played... we had lunch... and walked a little.  Cora took a nice nap... Kayson had quiet time with a movie.  It was a really nice day.

Tonight I went out for a quick dinner with my neighbor friends...  a nice ending to the weekend.

I have a ton of pictures from the weekend... lots of fun.
Kayson trying to get ME wet.

Oh Cora May.

Cora & Hope
Soccer with the 'big' boys (Uncle Greg & Logan)

No comments:

Post a Comment