Wednesday, June 11, 2014

This & That

  • We've had beautiful weather the last couple days...  Tonight we really enjoyed the outside.  We even ate outside!
  • We had a 'small' mis-hap with a load of laundry tonight.  I started whites - washed them, then put them in dryer (without looking at them), and after they were dry, I realized that something bright orange was stained over 80% of the clothes.  After digging through all the clothes and spraying the heck out of them, we saw that something was in a pocket of Cora's clothes.  We think that's where it at least started...  but we don't know what it was.  What a mess!  Most of the clothes have turned out ok, but there are a few tops (of course fairly new ones) that still have a small stain.  *sigh*  (that's all I can do)
  • I'm taking tomorrow off to spend the day with Martina, Blair, Tate and Landry.  I'm really looking forward to it.  They are moving to Sioux City in less than 5 weeks (Blair accepted an Asst. Principal position there), so I'm really wanting to spend as much time as we can with them.  I'm thrilled, very happy for Blair - finding a great job and a great start to his career, but selfishly, I'm very sad too.  Kayson and Tate have become SO close and are so much fun together... and now Miss Landry being here.  I can only see Cora and her becoming close friends too.  And I love having another 'sister' in Martina.  It just makes me sad that they won't be a quick hour drive away!!  
  • Cora decided tonight would be fun to draw dry-erase markers all over her arms.  She literally looked like she tried to cut herself. 
  • Cora's really starting to talk - a lot.  She repeats everything... she knows a ton... and just is really having conversations with us.  I love it!!
  • K and C are just growing up so fast.  I watched them both tonight - and Kayson is just a big kid now.  No more baby in him.  And with Cora talking so much, she's just changing and isn't our baby anymore.  So bittersweet.
  • I love having fresh flowers on our dining room table.  I buy them every two weeks when I get groceries.  Silly?  Maybe, but they are pretty.  :)
Ignore Cora's mismatched outfit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment