Sunday, June 8, 2014

Weekend

Friday
My weekend started around 11:00 on Friday morning.  Kayson's class at daycare was having a Preschool celebration lunch - pizza, juice and cake.  It was a great little hour with the kiddos - a hot hour (the sun was blazing on us!), but it was great.
Following that, I got my oil changed/tires rotated... then I did come home and logged back into work. I did a few hours, then I was off again...  starting the weekend.

Me, K and Riley  (sweaty messes!)
K and his girlfriends!  Riley, Ella & Adalyn
the official Diploma!
Friday night we just stayed in...  we had a spur of the moment gathering with a few neighbors (including the fire pit), it was a beautiful evening.

Saturday
We did our house stuff Saturday - groceries, laundry and cleaning up.  (However, I look around now - and you can't tell I did anything!)  I've got to go through toys again!!!

Saturday evening Ryan and I went out.  Miss Courtney from Cora's room stayed with the kiddos.  Ryan and I met up with a few people from my work - had a few drinks, then went to the I-Cubs game.  I am NOT a baseball fan, but I tried really hard to watch (for about 4 innings), then my A.D.D totally kicked in!  BUT it was fun at the same time - great conversation, and awesome weather.  We did go out for another drink after the game too.  It was a nice night out... and glad Ryan got to meet some of the crazies that I work with.  ha.

Sunday
Kayson slept in like a champ - Cora, not so much...  we had Kayson's little friend, Riley, over for a play date this morning.  They did really well together until about 2 hours in.  Then the 'mouthing' started, but it was short-lived and they were sad to see each other leave.  A quick lunch was had... then we forced a nap for K (of course for C too).

My parents came to visit - they haven't been here in a long time...  so we visited outside on the patio for a long time... then the kiddos woke, and we played.   I made supper, then Kayson had a TBall game at 6.  It was nice to have my parents come watch him.  Now he's had both sets of grandparents watch him.  Lucky little boy.

Bedtime came early tonight... it's been a fairly busy weekend (and just getting them to bed later), they need the extra snoozes!

It was nice weekend. 

Seriously, those blue eyes.  Melt me.
Fun play date!
Grandma Cheryl & Papa Paul
Reading books - what she does best! (and quietly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment