Thursday, June 5, 2014

Pre-School Graduation

Kayson has attended Koalaty Time daycare center for 5 years.  It's crazy to really think that!!  He's grown up there - he's learned SO much there - he spends SO much time there too!  We've been so blessed and are very thankful for the teachers, the support, the awesome curriculum (prepping them for Kindergarten) and the whole center for helping 'raise' him (and Cora too!)  It's funny to think that those teachers really are with our kids more than we are on the weekdays.  Sad, but true.  And I guess we are darn lucky to have chosen a great place for our kids to learn. 

For months, Kayson's been talking about 'graduation'.  He's been singing songs, and telling us all sorts of things about this night.  But about a week ago, he stopped telling us stuff... I was asking questions, and he finally said to me - "it's a surprise Mom!"  Okay okay!  (I don't think there was anything really 'surprising', but it's still sweet!)

Anyway, the 'ceremony' was great... the teachers really did a great job at preparing those kids.  They sang four songs and I swear Kayson knew EVERY.WORD.  And I could hear him too!  (we have loud kids!)  ha.  I got a little chocked up during one of the songs they sang - "Never Grow Up" by Taylor Swift.  Check it out if you've never heard it.  Tear jerker!  ha.  It's pretty sweet!!

Following, the kids ran around like crazy wanting their pictures taken with everyone.  To be honest, this is the part I love - I saw Kayson IN his element (being wild, being with his friends, and laughing).  I LOVE that.  He's made SO many wonderful friends at KT... it's amazing!!  We've gotten to know some of those kids pretty well, and even some parents.  It's just a lot of memories for this little boy... and I really hope he remembers.  (I guess this is one of the many reasons I blog - so we can re-read this down the road and look at pictures too.)

It was a great little night.  
Our little graduate!!!

Thanks for coming Grandma!
with Riley Miller - his 'girlfriend' for 5 years!  :)
Our little singing machine!!
Love!
with his awesome teachers - Jenny & Rocky

No comments:

Post a Comment