Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Trying to teach Kayson... and Gifts

Our Kayson is sure giving me a run for my money this week...  He's emotional, he's dis-respectful and fully pushing my buttons.  I know this is the first time Ryan's been out of town for a long time...  but Kayson typically gives me a hard time no matter what (it's worse when it's just me at home).  We've said that he's always 'good' for everyone else (or just one parent at a time - mainly Ryan), but the second I walk in the door - he starts acting up, talking back, etc.  (I know this is common, but it truly sucks).

Last night we were getting ready for bed, and he wanted a snack.  This has become a routine lately, and we probably need to get out of that routine, due to some other things...  and the fact that he didn't eat supper for me.  Anyway, he wanted a bar (like a Nutri-Grain bar)...  when I was opening it, it broke in half.  You would have thought the world was coming to an end.  He threw an absolute fit, bawling and kicking saying he didn't want a broken one.  It took over 20 minutes for him to calm down and me to stop bribing him.  (Yah, Mom of the year right here).

Tonight we had a pretty good night - no meltdowns.  He did bath well, and we had some quiet time.  When it was time for reading books, he did ok, then we always call Ryan after the first book.  Well, he pulled the "I don't want to talk to Daddy" thing.  Man, this really gets under my skin and completely hurts Ryan's feelings.  Phone was hung up, second book was read, and Kayson started jacking around, laughing and thinking it was funny that he didn't talk with Daddy.  I lose my patience at stuff like this...  it's so hurtful, and dis-respectful.  I ended up breaking down in tears...  and that seems to be the only way that Kayson will stop and listen.  (Not something I really want to do every night... but sometimes I FEEL like doing it).  

How in the world do we teach him that this stuff is not right?  

Are we expecting way too much out of him?  (As I'm writing, I am pretty sure I had a similar post about this same stuff before... )  Oh Kayson. 

And moving onto something else that has me stressed out --- Kayson's birthday party is this Sunday and I've been getting the phone calls for RSVP from some of his friends' parents...  and they are asking for gift ideas.  OH MY GOODNESS.  Of course I've thought about this, but being put on the spot to give ideas for him is SO hard.  He's getting everything under the sun!  ha. I'm so out of ideas! I'm sure there will be a lot of duplicates for the next 2 weeks...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment