Monday, December 30, 2013

Our Christmas 2013

We got home late Christmas Eve night... around 10pm.  The kids went to bed well... and we got Santa stuff out.  I was exhausted, so it was quick and I crashed.  Cora woke up around 7:15 Christmas morning... not too terrible!  So her and I just cuddled for awhile... trying my hardest to keep her away from the Santa stuff.  Which wasn't too hard - I kept it dark in the living room, and she really likes to sit on my lap!  Finally around 8:30, Ryan woke Kayson up...  I was getting antsy!  

First words out of our mouths were - "Happy Birthday buddy!!!"  He smiled, and said - "Santa came!"  It makes me excited that he was excited about Santa... but also makes me so sad that he doesn't even seem to care about his birthday.  Man, poor kid.  If I could change his birthday, I really would.  :(  Anyway, we tackled into the Santa gifts and a few birthday gifts... which then just blends right in with Christmas gifts.  Cora was overwhelmed... and Kayson was bummed when it was over!!!  ha.  They, of course, got plenty of gifts... and I think Kayson liked everything.  They are lucky kids.  

Anyway, after gifts and starting to play, Kayson had said that his tummy hurt... (see previous post).  So Kayson really took it really quietly most of the day on Wednesday.  He didn't eat anything, and took nearly a 3 1/2 hour nap that afternoon.  He perked up a little that evening - wanting to play with toys and try all the games and other things out... but it didn't last too long.  He didn't have trouble going to bed... so I knew he was either really exhausted, or sick.  By Thursday, he seemed better... and finally ate.  

So we had a nice day together...  I do need to do a better job of planning for that day.  Meaning - food.  We didn't eat very well on Christmas Day, so next year, I'll do better at having a 'nicer' meal planned for us (something Kayson likes!) and we'll make it a little better day.  I kind of feel bad that the day is already here and gone, especially when Kayson didn't really feel the best. 

I took lots of pictures... of course...  here's our day together.
Cora got a stroller for her baby doll!
and she used the baby dolls milk and juice as her own!
K asked for a Bow & Arrow - he got it!
Our 5 year old!
My boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment