Sunday, December 8, 2013

This & That

  • It's snowing... our first 'real' big snow of the year!  It's really pretty... and I'm thankful we didn't have to get out in it 'much' today.  (Just a grocery run, and Kayson to swim lessons).  Good day to stay in!
  • I wrapped a few gifts this afternoon... it's such a production!  Getting everything out, sorted, etc... then putting it away, cuz I don't want it all sitting out!  
  • Friday evening, I went to Jim's memorial service with my co-workers.  It's such a sad thing... it was a goodbye and for some of us, meeting his family for the first time.  It's so heartbreaking to have his daughter and son here...  tying up loose-ends at Jim's apartment and other things.  I can't imagine how exhausted they probably are.  
  • Kayson has been struggling lately.  Few things - he has a mouth on him... meaning, he talks back a lot, and it's SO hard to get him to not do that.  I know we aren't perfect parents, but gosh I do want my kids to have respect and not be sassy/talk back.  I just hope we can get through this and have him learn.  He also has a really hard time listening.  I know it's the age, I understand that.  But it's still very frustrating... and dis-heartening.  
  • The "Elves" are here...  (they are not helping the previous situations!)  Hawkeye and Snowflake have arrived at our house...  not doing many 'fun' things yet.  I told Kayson they are just trying to figure him out - cuz he's been so whiny and naughty.  ha.  Cora likes them... she'll find them and point/smile.  Pretty sweet.
  • We've decided to have Kayson's birthday party at Pump It Up.  Oh gosh, I hope it wasn't a mistake!  We'll be inviting a few of his friends and then the rest will just be family...  I'm anxious to have it here and done, and hope it goes well.  
  • Cora's been sleeping better for us (night time).  Which has been great...  however, she's got a little cold (snotty nose and a hoarse throat/cough). Ryan has a sore throat too.  I'm hoping these just stay as regular colds!

No comments:

Post a Comment