Saturday, July 7, 2012

A little scare... and A lot of Productivity

A little scare

This past Thursday, I wasn't feeling 'right'.  I didn't feel well (all over), I ached and I was feeling a lot of pelvic pressure (down there).  I was getting nervous.  It all started around 9 am at work...  Baby Girl was rollin', more than normal (it seemed) and just kept going and going and I couldn't seem to get her to relax.  Soon enough, I started to feel some pressure and my nerves started setting in.  I got some lunch hoping that would calm things down, but it didn't.  I called the nurse to talk with her... explained everything and she said she wanted me to get to the hospital to be checked out.  WHAT?  I guess I wasn't really expecting that... but I guess it's for precaution.  Ryan met me at Mercy and the nurses got me and Baby on the monitor.  I was 'checked', no dialation and we just waited.  During the monitoring, I apparently was having small contractions, but none that I was really feeling.  I was still experiencing the pressure and was not comfortable.  Then I was checked again about an hour and a half later, no change.  (All good signs).  Three hours later, I was told I could go home...  "Take it easy and be watchful of what I'm feeling."  

I'm not going to lie, I was scared to death and am still nervous.  I'm glad that I went in to be checked... it eased my mind a little, however, I continue to have the pressure and just being uncomfortable.  I'm hoping that this is just Baby Girl making her way 'down'.  I'm not ready for her to make her appearance yet... she needs to stay put for at least another 4 weeks.  Say some prayers.

A lot of Productivity

Today was the day to pick up baby furniture and get Baby Girl's room 'ready'.  

Holding a baby doll.  He did so well!
This morning we picked up a ceiling fan for her room... and then we headed down to Mercy for a Siblings Class.  This is something that was suggested to me about a month ago, so I signed us up.  It was a big group of parents with children and soon to be #2 or potentially #3 on the way.  The children were able to talk about what's safe for Baby, how to hold the Baby, and even how to change a diaper.  We also were giving a tour of the maternity area...  we got to see a room where Mommy and Baby will be (after delivery), and then got to see the Nursery.  Kayson did wonderful.  I was so impressed... and proud too.  He listened well, he seemed very interested... and asked good questions.  He was all about changing the diapers on the baby dolls...  Baby Sister peed a lot in less than 10 minutes (I think we changed her at least 3 times)!  Ryan says we'll be in trouble if we go that rate with diapers!  Anyway, it was an excellent class, well worth our time, I think.

From there, we had lunch, then my parents came down to help with the room.  Ryan and Dad picked up the furniture - crib was put together (it's beautiful), and the dresser was put in the room too.  Mom and I washed and washed and washed some more clothes, blankets, bibs, etc...  all of her clothes are clean and still need to be put away, but that'll come this week (I hope).  And by the way, this child does NOT need any more clothes.  Oh my goodness.  Ryan and Dad also put the ceiling fan up...  again, wonderful.  

I'm so thrilled that the room is at least filled...  and Baby Girl could come (still don't want her to come yet), but she'd have a place to sleep!  :)  Thanks to my parents for all their hard work.  I know I'm exhausted!!!!  I'm glad we have tomorrow to just be around and hang out.

Here is a sneak peek of the furniture.  I'll post more as we continue to put things away and get more ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment